Collect Documented Evidence
As part of an employer’s application to become a standard business sponsor for a TSS visa, they need to supply documented evidence that supports their business is legally operating in Australia. This includes:
- An Australian Business Number when the business is in Australia.
- An Australian Registered Body Number if the business is registered to operate in Australia but are overseas.
- Evidence of business registration in another country if not already operating in Australia.
- A copy of the registered business name if it is a company or a franchisee, trust deeds or a joint venture agreement, or relevant information such as signatures on contracts.
- Copies of financial, bank and Business Activity Statements for the last 12 months and tax returns.
- Details of the business such as the main shareholders, partners, owners and directors.
- Have no relevant unfavourable information against the business.
*This is not an exhaustive list and many other documents are required as assessed on a case by case for employers.
Also, an employer must confirm, in writing, the business either has a strong record or can demonstrate a commitment to employing local people.
The employer is also required to declare the business is not and will not be discriminatory during the recruitment process.